The best way for us to give you the most accurate valuation on your property either for sale or rental, is for one of our property professionals to visit your property in person. This enables us to assess the condition of your property thoroughly and ensure that we are confident in the values which we discuss with you. It also allows us to discuss with you, the vendor, any improvements which you have made and all the information about your property that we would be unaware of by carrying out a desktop valuation.
Our sole aim when carrying out an appraisal of your property is to ensure that that you feel safe and comfortable throughout our stay. Due to the current climate, we have made a number of changes to the way that we will carry out our property visits. Below we list our guidelines.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and we would be more than happy to help.
Our valuation safety guidelines
Viewing Guidance for property owners and occupiers meeting an agent at a property.
- We will contact you prior to the appointment to confirm that the visit is still convenient for you and that nobody in your household has had any changes to health or shielding status.
- We recommend that you wear appropriate PPE equipment throughout our visit.
- We require that only members of the same household can attend the agreed appointment with our agent. If necessary, we would require that anybody from a different household leave the property during our visit. Due to government guidelines, we require that no more than 6 people be present in the property at any time.
- All doors and windows should be opened prior to our visit and lights should be switched on, so that our agent has as little contact with your property as possible.
- Social distancing should be respected at all times, at least 2 metres distance. If this is not possible then we ask that the agent is left on their own whilst they assess the property, and we discuss the property either over the phone or in an outdoor space.
- We recommend that any discussions about the property take place in a well ventilated space or outside.
- Please do not be offended if our agents do not offer to shake hands or accept any form of refreshments. To ensure that we are being as safe as possible we are avoiding this.