We speak to many homeowners that have seen the hype of new online estate agents or ways to sell their own homes themselves, but they don’t understand why you should pay professional estate agents to sell your home.
In this blog post we have put together just some of the reasons that we would recommend using a professional estate agents to help sell your home.
- If you are only advertising your property online you are missing out on around 40% of potential buyers. Research shows that only around 60% of properties are sold from an online enquiry.
- There is loads of rubbish in the media that says professional estate agents are ripping homeowners off, charging thousands of pounds as their average fee. In fact this really isn’t the case. Research from Halifax and Nationwide shows that the average UK house price is £180,000. The average fee in the South East for professional estate agents is 1.25%. This equates to around £2,250 per sale.
- With a real estate agent you only pay fees on the sale of your property. However, with online estate agents you could find yourself paying £799 upfront, regardless if the property sell or not. While you may save yourself £2,000 in the fee, what if the professional estate agent could have got you an extra £10,000 on your property?
- House buying is very often a local game. People within your area are looking to upgrade to a larger property or move to a smaller home in the local area. Local estate agents have people on their books that are looking for homes like yours. With their local knowledge and client relationships you will have a much better chance than just popping your home online and seeing what happens.
- A professional estate agent will be able to quote the right price for your home. This is because they have local knowledge of schools, shops, green areas and historical perspective. Professional estate agents will use all this information and your home to confirm the value of your home, an online agent can’t do this for you.
The internet has brought a lot more things into our lives, and made our lives easier in many ways. However, the internet has not brought personal service to us. If you want the personal and knowledgeable service a professional estate agent to sell your home then please contact us directly.